Overview for Cambodia
Dominated by the waters of the mighty Mekong, Cambodia is a country whose breathtaking cultural heritage, staggering natural beauty, and at times tragic past cannot fail to leave a lasting impression on visitors.
The local people welcome visitors with open hearts and arms to this glorious and mythical land, from the expansive waters of Tonle Sap, the jungle temples of the Khmer Empire at Angkor to the haunting Killing Fields of the later 20th century, this is a land of unforgettable memories.
Our top picks:
1. Temples of Angkor - Encounter the mother of all temples, the world’s largest religious building - the one and only Angkor Wat.
2. Battambang - Discover architectural clues from eras long forgotten, cycle to nearby hilltop temples, and experience the ‘norry’, Cambodia’s homemade train.
3. Sihanoukville - Bask on the brilliant beaches, scuba dive in uncharted waters, drink in the nightlife and hike in Ream National Park.
4. Kampot - Slow down and relax in this French-accented riverside town, in the shadow of Bokor.
5. Peam Krasaop Wildlife Sanctuary - Discover Koh Kong province’s magnificent saltwater mangrove forests.