Day 1: Juneau – Windham Bay
Embark in Juneau then cruise south to anchor in Windham Bay for the night. (D)
Day 2: Windham Bay & Frederick Sound
Spend the morning sea kayaking or ride a skiff to the shore and take a relaxing walk. Later, move into the waters of Frederick Sound, the feeding ground for humpback whales. (B)(L)(D)
Day 3: Thomas Bay, Baird Glacier & Cascade Creek
Take on the Baird Glacier Trail, until you reach the top of the glacier itself, kayak or trek one of the other short scenic trails. Alternatively, relax, have a massage and enjoy the scenery. (B)(L)(D)
Day 4: LeConte Bay, Stikine River & Ideal Cove
Wake to the sounds of brash ice as they gently roll past the hull of the ship in the ice-rich waters of LeConte Bay. Option to get closer by kayak or skiff. (B)(L)(D)
Day 5: Wrangell
Today, learn about the Tlingit culture with storytelling and a visit of the Kiksetti Totem Park.
Day 6: Yes Bay
Wildlife abounds in Yes Bay and the surrounding Tongass National Forest – humpback whales, orca, porpoise, seals, brown bears, black bears, eagles and otters. (B)(L)(D)
Day 7: Misty Fjords National Monument
Explore beautiful Misty Fjords National Monument Wilderness Area, a haven for marine wildlife who ply the waters of Behm Canal and the inlets. (B)(L)(D)
Day 8: Ketchikan
Disembark in Ketchikan after breakfast.
* All prices shown are for low season, per person, twin share. Click here to see full Terms & Conditions.
8 Days/7 Nights From $2,138*
Includes: 7 nights cruising aboard the small ship of your choice, sightseeing as specified, meals as indicated, taxes, port charges and fees. Prices do not include fuel surcharges which may be added up to the time of departure.
Departs Juneau 2013: Wilderness Discoverer: 18 May; 01, 15, 29 Jun; 13, 27 Jul; 10, 24 Aug; 07 Sep
Wilderness Adventurer: 11, 25 May; 22 Jun; 06, 20 Jul; 03, 17, 31 Aug; 14 Sep
Wilderness Explorer: 08 Sep
Tour Style: Cruise
- Explore the mainland—glacial landscapes, old growth and rainforest.
- Wildlife and whale watching with a half-day in Frederick Sound.
- Kayaking, paddle boarding and skiffing in remote scenic bays.
- Enjoy wilderness treks, massive icebergs and calving glaciers.
- Discover isolated coves and dramatic Misty Fjords National Monument.
- Visit Wrangell’s Kiksetti Totem Park and Chief Shakes Tribal House.
- Captain’s Choice exploration of remote “not in the guidebook” places.
- Daily insights from your onboard Expedition Leader and guides.